Make a Referral
If you wish to make a referral, please fill in this online form or alternatively you can download the form here and send it by post to the address at the bottom of this page or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. See referral criteria below.
Person referred should:
– be over 18 and under 65 years of age,
– be currently experiencing mental health difficulties,
– have no current suicidal intent,
– have a readiness and motivation to try/attend a structured programme of walking,
– be discharged from acute services and be living independently in the community,
– have a reasonable insight into their mental health needs and take responsibility for its
– have no chaotic or dependent substance misuse,
– have a minimum fitness level – must be able to walk for a minimum of 45 minutes,
– have an interest in improving their quality of life through active involvement in programme
– have the motivation/ability to work in partnership with staff and other participants (risk
issues regarding aggression to others will require consideration).
Please feel free to contact us to discuss any person’s appropriateness for the service.
Following receipt of the referral, a decision will be made if Solas is the appropriate service to meet the
person’s needs. If accepted, Solas will contact the person and a date for trying the programme will be
Please feel free to email any queries to email@example.com
Thank you for taking the time to complete this referral form.